Saturday, July 25, 2009

LIVE…………………

In a world of anger, deceit, jealously, resentment, competition, career, money….are we not forgetting to live the life we dreamed about.….?

Most of us are looking for peace all our lives …..Contentment is long forgotten……and just think about what all we do in search of peace ….which either most of us are in the quest of or never accept that we need it.

Just take a minute to sit and relive the dreams that you had thought of as a kid for your life…….are u walking the path that leads you there. We are all lost ……I strongly feel that our earlier generations were more content and at peace than what we are ……..and the coming generations will never know what peace is ….are we inculcating the right values in our kids ? For that matter are we at home to look after our kids…….Is our coming generation strong enough emotionally to face the challenges of the wild world? Are we doing enough for our kids so that they can face the world n life, come what may? We get to hear so many teenagers have committed suicide…or killed their friends….WHY? Why are their minds so unstable? Why are these kids emotionally weak? All the money and the materialist things will take you nowhere if you are emotionally weak and cannot deal with the pressures of the world and life.

I quit my career to be with my kids…at the beginning I did not like it, thinking, Why did I do college, if I had to sit at home…. Today when I look at my kids, I know what me and my hubby decided was right and I am proud about it…I had my chance in making a career and someday I will for sure get back to work…but today they need me more…. I am truly happy and take pride in saying that I am a homemaker. My kids are still little but I know for all the efforts that we have put they will be emotionally strong youths…who could deal with any challenge of the world and life. I give credit to a dear friend of mine who reassured me that its the best decision and that you will be proud of it some day. Today I am proud of it so I am writing .......

One can make a career at any age…. there are so many people who have done it….…you could walk out of your house at 50 also to make a career…if you believe in yourself. But what’s the use of a career or a promotion or a hefty pay packet if you are not there to hold and comfort your kid when he/she falls down…or when you are not there at home to see their achievement at school…just because you have a deadline on a project or have to attend a meeting.. Parenting is no more dual it’s more on taking turns…….here I salute those people who decide not to have kids for they know that career is what they want at least they are being fair! Has money/career become the focal point in everyone's life these days? Live the life you have always thought of …make the most of it. Strive to give your kids a good life by this I don’t mean a materialistic life..…I mean a life filled with small pleasures …..a warm hug …..a smile of approval….saying I am always there with you …come what may. Just being there when they need you the most. Make a emotionally strong & confident generation. LIVE and teach your kids the skills to LIVE in todays world.

4 comments:

  1. Shubhi....am glad you feel this way and that you're content with your decision to be a full time parent:)You're a great mom and dont need anyone to certify that...the growth and transformations I have seen in your children are proof enough....
    Here I'd take a moment to acknowledge my gratitude to my mother who chose to stay at home to be with Anshuman and me. I can quite confidently say that we would have been totally lost souls and failures, had it not been for her 24/7 nurturing. She has been the best friend I could ever have and even today, as a grown up, being miles and miles away from her, I still feel lost without her at times and miss having her around. One's never too old or grown up to need and miss one's mother :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shubbi, u just made me feel somuch better. I have been contemplating about a similar decision myself and could never give myself a convincing answer.. U put it simply and so clearly :). Waiting to read more.. Hugs to your two doting sons. Love, tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey,tina ..go for it girl! Its not easy....but it sure is the right thing. I would put it this way kids r like sand in a closed fist.....u'll never know when it slips away...in the end all u get to see will be ur empty palm....n u cld do nothing abt it...so before it slips away support it with ur other hand open it to the world when its time ....enjoy ur time with ur daughter.

    ReplyDelete